13. Capitalism and Socialism
- Is capitalism biblical? Did our daily hard work simply come about because of the curse of sin in Genesis in the Garden of Eden, or was there, in fact, assigned work that Adam had before he and Eve sinned? (116)
- What is crony capitalism? (117) What happens when a capitalistic spirit does not have a foundation of Judeo-Christian values? Is capitalism selfish? Are the only people who are selfish those who have great wealth, or are people who don’t have riches often equally selfish?
- Acts 2:45 states, “And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all as any had need.” Is that socialistic? What is socialism?
- Socialism inherently is when the government forcefully or coercively takes property from those who have to give to those who do not have. Is the Bible socialistic?
- On page 122, Deuteronomy 14:28 refers to a “poor tax,” in addition to Leviticus 19:10 and Leviticus 23:22, as a way of meeting the needs of the poor? How might that apply to us?