26. The Environment and Climate Change
- In 2006, Al Gore stated that he believed, “That humans may only have 10 years left to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan.” (226) Did that happen? Why not?
- Review the statement from Don Hodel, former US Secretary of Energy and later Secretary of the Interior under President Reagan, when he stated that the radical environmentalists do not necessarily want “clean water, clean air, clean land,” which we all do, but rather that they want to change the way we do government. (227) What did he mean by that? In what way is he correct? Or wrong?
- The Obama Administration and now Hillary Clinton are saying that they want to punish people who deny climate change. How do you feel about that?
- We as Christians care deeply about creation care (229), taking care of this earth. Read Genesis 1:28. What does “creation care” mean to you?
- Read the three bullet points at the top of page 231. What does that tell us about the mixed opinions about global warming?